- Original papers must be written in English with Arabic abstract and can be sent for consideration to the editor-in-chief, Entomology Department, Faculty of Science, Ain shams University ,Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt or Correspondent Committee Prof. Nadia H. Ahmed, Entomology Department, Faculty of Science, Ain shams University, Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt or by e-mail
- The subject of the paper should
pertain to the field of biological sciences, including
studies on entomology, interaction between insects and
their environment. These include various anatomical,
histological, physiological changes associated with
individuals and population. In addition, the journal
promotes research on the impact of living organisms, on
their environment with emphasis on subjects such as
resource depletion, pollution, biodiversity, ecosystem,
- Information concerning cost will be made available to the author(s) on submission of papers.
- Three copies of each manuscript should be provided. The text should not exceed 10 double-spaced types written or printed A 4 pages and should be on one side only. The original manuscript must be accompanied by a CD containing all the items of the paper.
- All submitted papers will be peer reviewed, and on the basis of the reviewer‘s comments the editorial board reserves the right to accept or reject any paper.
- The title of the paper should be as concise as possible and followed by the full name(s) of the author(s), institutional affiliations, the mailing address, as well as any other contact information (e-mail address, fax, telephone) of the corresponding author.
- A running title of not more than 40 characters (including spaces) should be provided for page headings also, keywords provided of not more than 6 words should be provided.
The manuscript should include Abstract, Introduction,
Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, References
and Arabic summary. Acknowledgments and references to
grants, if any come directly at the end of the
discussion and separated by a clear distance and without
notes should be avoided. All statement made and opinions
expressed in any article are the responsibility of the
- Names of genera and species must be underlined or typed in italics followed by the authority when the name is first mentioned in the text. Generic names should be written out when first used in the text, thereafter, they are abbreviated when used with a specific name.
- Units of weight, volume, measure and time are abbreviated when preceded by numerals (eg., ug, mg, g, kg, ml, um, mm, cm, nm, km, sec, min, hr, d ) and the abbreviations have neither a period nor an(s) in the plural.
- Illustration: line drawings should be the clearest possible and should be made with black Indian ink. Sharp photographic reproductions of line drawings are acceptable. Photos should be separate and contain the maximum contrast possible and not exceeds size of (19× 14 cm). All illustrations will be numbered by Arabic numerals. The legends should type on a separate sheet.
- References should include all works referred to in the manuscript, which should be up to data and alphabetically listed according to the authors surnames. References should take the following forms: Bakr,et al. (2007). Effect of chitin synthesis inhibitor, lufenuron on the development, haemolymph and antennal sensilla of Schistocerca gregaria ( Forskal). African J. Biol. Sci., 3(2) 35-43.
- Table: Each table should be typed on separate sheet and numbered by Arabic numerals.
- Original papers will not be returned. On publication the principal author will receive one of the issue in which article papers and 15 reprints.